Accreditation and school improvement assists Salem Christian School in changing for the better in an orderly and systematic way. The process brings a vigorous dynamic into the school by engaging every school constituent in a process of organizational appraisal.
Salem Christian School has found that the ACSI and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools accreditation process was a highly effective way for to evaluate itself in light of its unique educational mission. As an authentic Christian school/program, we considered the four interwoven educational strands of (1) academic ideas and thinking; (2) skills for life and living; (3) biblical worldview grounding; and (4) personal character, values, and spiritual formation. The self-study process provided our school/program to evaluate and reflect on all we do in light of this distinctive, four-pronged mission.
Accreditation and school improvement assist schools in changing for the better in an orderly and systematic way. They bring a vigorous dynamic into the school by engaging every school constituent in a process of organizational appraisal.
Why did we go through the process?
- It documents that the school is true to its own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals)
- It affirms that the school meets standards of quality established by the international school community
- It provides validation of the credibility of the school through a peer review process
- It promotes accountability to the school community
- It improves instruction targeting increased student achievement
- It promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development
- It encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school
- It transfers credits between schools and between nation’s school systems
ACSI accreditation is recognized:
Approval by the U.S. Department of Education for the Student and Exchange Visitor Program, the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System, I-20 and I-17 forms. Various U.S. state, national, and international recognitions. Endorsement to administer College Board/ACT exams on the school site.