- You will find the Enrollment/Re-enrollment tab that directs you to the enrollment packet within the Family Information section of ParentsWeb.
- A new page will open with the names of your children and an option to Start Enrollment Packet or Will Not Enroll.
- PA Dental Forms (Grades K, 3, 7)
- PA Medical Forms (Grades K, 6, 11)
- PIAA Physicals will need to be submitted prior to participating in any practice or athletic event/team.
- Textbook Loan Request
- Transportation Forms
Each family enrolled at Salem Christian School is a member of the PTF. Parents serve in classrooms, participate on committees, plan events, and coordinate projects. This active involvement ensures the continued excellence of the academic and enrichment environments for our students.
- To promote and conduct itself with in the SCS vision statement: To assist parents in developing a God-centered worldview in their children by providing a vibrant education and spiritual environment where Godly character and unity in Christ can flourish, thereby enabling students to serve God and impact the world through biblical thought and action.
- To provide a structure in which parents and staff can work together to achieve the purposes of the School. And is comprised of Volunteer parents who desire to serve the staff, students and their families in a way that glorifies Christ. As such, the PTF should conduct itself in light of the vision, objectives and desires of Salem Christian School.
- To encourage fellowship and connectedness for all families of SCS.
- Strengthen the unity among parents/students/staff
- Encourage and support educational activities
- To provide an opportunity for the parents to serve in the ministry of the school through leadership, participation, prayer and encouragement of one another.
- Further develop the educational resources and enhancements of the school that yearly tuition does not cover.
Here is a list of SCS PTF events:
Fund Raising: EL Christmas Store, SCS Fair, Box tops & Fun Fridays
Educational Improvement Tax Credit
Tax credits to eligible businesses contributing to a Scholarship Organization, an Educational Improvement Organization, and/or a Pre-Kindergarten Scholarship Organization.
Business Application Timeline
- May 15 – Business applicants who have fulfilled their 2-year commitment and wish to reapply in FY 14/15 to renew their 2-year commitment.
- May 15 – Businesses who are in the middle of their 2-year commitment.
- July 1 – All other businesses including Pre-K business applications.
Pass-through entities, such as S-Corporations, Partnerships, LLCs, etc., can now apply the same day as C-Corporations. Applications must be submitted electronically using DCED’s Single Application for Assistance. Paper business applications will no longer be accepted. See the business application guide in the box above.
OSTC Tax Credits Still Available
Tax credits may be applied against the tax liability of a business for the tax year in which the contribution was made.
Tax credits equal to 75 percent of its contribution up to a maximum of $750,000 per taxable year. Can be increased to 90 percent of the contribution, if business agrees to provide same amount for two consecutive tax years. For contributions to Pre-Kindergarten Scholarship Organizations, a business may receive a tax credit equal to 100 percent of the first $10,000 contributed and up to 90 percent of the remaining amount contributed up to a maximum credit of $200,000 annually.
Businesses authorized to do business in Pennsylvania who are subject to one or more of the following taxes:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institution Tax
- Insurance Company Law of 1921
- Personal Income Tax of S corporation shareholders or Partnership partners
An approved company must provide proof to DCED within 90 days of the notification letter that the contribution was made within 60 days of the notification letter. Tax credits not used in the tax year the contribution was made may not be carried forward or carried back and are not refundable or transferable.
How to Apply
Pennsylvania businesses can begin applying for EITC credits through DCED’s electronic single application system. DCED will no longer require applicants to mail the signed signature page.
The business application guide explains the process of applying. Tax credit applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis by day submitted. All applications received on a specific day will be processed on a random basis before moving on to the next day’s applications. Applications will be approved until the amount of available tax credits is exhausted.