Salem Christian School participates in the ACSI interscholastic Student Activities Program, which seeks to “encourage and inspire students toward a standard of excellence in leadership, communication, and performance by enhancing member Christian schools’ academic and fine arts programs.” We seek to provide opportunities for students to practically apply and develop skills necessary for confident Christian leadership and challenge themselves to strive for excellence. Each of the activities is intended to impact students’ educational and spiritual growth, encouraging them to be a testimony to the gospel . These activities provide opportunities for a chance to meet and be challenged by students from around the region and nation. We hope that the student will have a positive interaction with students and teachers of participating schools as well as enhancing the student life at Salem Christian School.
Students begin their participation at the school level and then progress to the district and regional levels. It is at each level where they are challenged by interaction with students of similar interests and abilities to grow and pursue excellence. Everyone benefits from the ministry of these students in music, speech, and academic programs. We are confident that our efforts and participation in the student activities enhances the life of all students.
The awards program for Student Activities affirms each participant’s individual effort while recognizing those whose skill and ability provide an inspiration and a challenge to excellence for all who participate. Moreover, it gives us ample opportunity to glorify God.
- To provide opportunities for students to sharpen their skills
- To provide opportunities for students to develop skills necessary for Christian leadership.
- To enhance the classroom experience and students’ learning process.
- To develop communication skills.
- To assess the efficacy of Salem Christian School
- To provide an opportunity for students meet other students
- To gauge student performance.
- To provide challenges that help students build character
- To provide opportunities to glorify God
- After-School Clubs
- Art Festivals and Art Invitational
- Creative Writing Festivals
- Geography Bees
- Leadership Conferences
- Math Competitions
- Music Festivals
- Speech Meets
- Spelling Bees